Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm baaaack!

So kinda changing the topic, and didn't really feel like making a new blog for it. A few days ago, I found an awesome site for learning 日本語 (Japanese)! Ok, so I cheated on that one... I haven't learned Kanji yet, I'm still on Hiragana. Anyway, the site is called Textfugu.com. There's an interesting story behind how it came to be, and the person who made it is pure genius when it comes to teaching Japanese; or at least I think so. I tried learning Japanese on my own a while back, but was unsuccessful since A) I didn't really have any one to study it with/for B) I didn't know HOW to study it and C) I was letting myself get overwhelmed by it too easily. Well, all that was solved when I found Textfugu.

In the first 5 hours I felt like I had learned more than I had in the previous 2-3 years. And to top it off, I'm actually learning to read Japanese before I can understand it... the opposite of how I was doing it before. The benefit I do see from my previous attempts is, I can now type at least some words in Hiragana instead of Romaji. So to those that are checking out my blog こんにちは みんな!

No comments: