Thursday, March 31, 2011

Work sucks.... up all my free time

Ok, so work doesn't necessarily "Suck" per-say. Kinda hard to hate work when you work from home. But it does suck up a lot of my free time. For those of you that didn't already know (if anyone even reads this blog anymore that is), I've started working for a company called Preferred Interactive. Basically they run a website for contractors that allows their customers to chose what they want in their house before it's built and see how it would look with those features before it's even built. The concept is kind of along the lines of the 3D home walk-through, but with easier controls since you're only editing one room at a time. Anyway, kinda going off topic here now, so back to the point of this blog.

As I was saying, work's been sucking up my free time, so it's made it hard to study my ひらがな(Hiragana). As a result; instead of being done with learning the ひらがな "alphabet" (I say alphabet in quotes cause they're actually syllabifies), I've only learned the "alphabet" from あ(a) to ほ (ho). This leaves about 2 more columns of standard ひらがな to learn, followed by all the だくてん (Dakuten) which look like standard ひらがな but have a little quotation or circle to change their sound (the first character in だくてん is a Dakuten; the " change a Ta sound to Da sound for example).

So anyway, my studies right now are slow; but as I get quicker at my job and start getting some extra income, I'll be able to study more, and hopefully purchase access to the more advanced studies that actually teach you how to speak in proper Japanese sentences, as well as the other 2 "alphabets" かたかな (katakana) and かんじ(kanji).

That's all for now though; time for me to get go work. Two projects due by tomorrow morning, with 2 more possibly coming in later today. さよなら

No comments: